Naelani went to the Urologist a couple of weeks ago regarding her "reflux" which caused the "UTI" (urinary tract infection) that landed her in the hospital for a week. They grade the reflux on a scale of 1-5 (5 being the worst) and she was a 2-3. Due to her age they recommended keeping her on antibiotics for at least a year and then re-evaluating her. There is a good chance that she will eventually grow out of it but it's hard to tell right now. They try to wait as long as possible to do any type of surgery, from what it sounds like. So we'll wait it out and see what happens. In the meantime they suggested us having the other kids get a kidney ultrasound to make sure they were clear. I guess "reflux" is hereditary and being that we are unaware of anyone in the family having any problems we went ahead and had them screened. We still haven't received the results yet, which I'm sure they are fine being that it's been a couple of weeks.
Naeters is almost 5 months now. She had her 4 month check-up last week (we are a little behind). She weighed a woppin' 11 lbs 15 oz and was 25" long. She is very long and skinny. She is still trying to do some catching up. She is such a sweet baby. She loves to be held and talked to. She has been attempting to roll, she gets about halfway. She loves tummy time and she LOVES to SLEEP ! I think she is starting to look more and more like Kalei. Maybe it's just their big blue eyes. We shall see. We love her and are thankful for her !!
P.S.- I know the flower on her head can't possibly get any bigger. It looks so cute on her though. I have already received a comment on it (actually from her doc.) "if your flower gets any bigger sis your going to start attracting bees." LOL

9 comments:
Oh she is so stinkin cute! I can't wait to see her in a couple of weeks! Poor baby, I hope she gets better.
Wow . . . what a sweetie. She and Tessa are going to look so funny next to each other . . .Tess is a chub!
that is really funny, cus you ALWAYS made fun of my girls HUGE bows! The bigger the better girl!
Yes Kanoe you are absolutely right !! I was always saying something about the ginormous bows your girls wore. Remember those were bows these are flowers...lol lol. I guess I had a change of heart with the 2nd girl because I am all into the "brain squishers" now!! :)
She is really adorable Maile. I love the flower and it is HUGE. You are lucky she is still little enough that she can't yank it off. I hope her little reflux problem will resolve on its own.
BEAUTIMOUS !!
Sorry no camera here. Sage would have pounced on it. Hope you found it. The doc's comment on the bow was hilarious.
Hey! Its Laura Fletcher. So her huge flower is adorable and you totally don't have to worry about it being too big until it starts affecting her ability to hold up her head. I'm glad she's doing better! My niece had the same problem when she was younger and she totally grew out of it. She's four now and doesn't have any problems so hopefully its the same for her!
Your kids are so stinkin' cute! My golly!
We need to talk about those flowers!- OH and the blanket(s) came! Call me, or I'll call you!
I hope she gets better fast!
Post a Comment