(kalei & her friend Hallee)
YAHOO!! Kalei has been waiting "for forever" to be able to say that she finally goes to the "big school". She has had some awesome teachers at ABC Express these past 2 years. In December, of this year her teacher Mrs. Merrill passed away with cancer. Kalei loved her!! She was so good with the kids. Mrs. Merrill is the one that started ABC Express. While sick in bed she would visit the kids (in her garage) and sing songs with them and let them know how much she cared about them.
I will never forget when she passed away. I didn't know how Kalei was gonna react, or how I was gonna tell her what had happened. After talking about it with her she sat for a moment thinking about something in her mind and with a concerned look on her face says..." mom she was just really sick. when is she coming back?"... we discussed what happens to our body when we die and where we go. she sat there and thought for a minute and says " mom my teachers favorite song is...you are my sunshine....she can't hear us sing it to her but we can feel her in our heart!" she then puts her hand over her heart with a big smile on her face. Yes, i did my best to hold the tears back for the moment!! That was a sweet moment I will never forget!
(kalei & her teacher mrs. jones)

No comments:
Post a Comment