When Kalei was a baby Nani made her this little security blanket that has a pig head on it. She became very attached to it and is still very attached to it!! Over the past few years it has been our lifesaver. As you can see it's been through a lot. It's now a brownish pinkish color, most of the stuffing is a matted mess or gone, it has only 1 eye, one of the arms is about to fall off and as of a couple days ago it has been detached from the blankie. I remember a while ago we went up to Idaho to visit some family and Grandma Young spent time re-stuffing it and sewing it back on when it was about to fall off back then. Not long after that we were in the car and turned around to find that Kalei had removed all of the new stuffing... apparently it was too fluffy.
So Kalei came in to me the other morning in tears and totally devastated..."mommy, look what Talan did !!" he had basically removed the head from the blankie. She was probably wacking him in the face with it or something mean to him so I'm sure she deserved it. All day she talked about "when my daddy gets home he needs to glue it back together" and NOBODY else was allowed to fix it. So my thing is... it's probably the perfect time to wean her off of it right ?? I know kids have their securities but come on she's almost 4 should I let it go or not ?? It's to the point where I only let her sleep with it but still it's annoying trying to find that rotten thing every night.

5 comments:
Leis!
Poor Piddy has been so well loved by you! He is a very lucky pig!
Papa and I are so excited to see you in a couple of weeks...We Love You!
Kisses, Nani
That is hilarious! Macie is still attached to her blanket, but I can tell the attachment is starting to fade a bit. If she's only got it at night I'd say you're doing pretty well. Kalei cracks me up how much she is attached to her daddy- I hope he pulls out the needle and thread and fixes it up for her!
Don't throw it out. My parents threw my older brother's lovey (stuffed elephant) down the river when they were camping. They thought it was too old and scroungy. The poor guy was messed up about it. I think they grow out of them on their own.
SAD! That thing really has been through a lot. I remember when we left it at the mall once....or maybe that happened twice. I can't remember. DON'T GET RID OF IT! What harm is it causing??? NONE! Poor Lei's!
I love it! All my kids are attatched to their blankets still. Although the older one just have them in bed at night. So I think night is good if you get rid of that she will probably just attach to something else.at least that is what my kids do.
Post a Comment