Tuesday, January 22, 2008

UPDATE...

Naelani is a little more than 3 week old now. She has had a rough life so far. It all started with her catching RSV!! It was a little scary at times but are grateful it didn't get bad enough for her to be hospitalized. Now that she has overcome that hurdle in her life we are now focused on fattening her up. Due to her being sick she hasn't been gaining the weight she needs to, to be cleared off from the Pediatrician. Needless to say we have spent a lot of time at the doctors office doing weight & RSV checks. By her 2 week appointment she needed to be at least back up to her birth weight of 6.9, which she wasn't. So this past week we have increased her calorie intake as well as feeding her more often.

I am happy now to report that she has finally gained 10 ounces in 1 week. She now weighs a woppin 7.05 lbs and needs to gain equal if not more to 10 ounces this next week before her appointment on Monday. We are grateful for everyone's thoughts and prayers on her behalf and ask to continue praying for her health.


4 comments:

Daisha said...

i'm so glad she's doing better, what a little peanut. love you guys-

Malia said...

Oh my gosh she looks so different! That first picture looks so different! I'm happy to hear that she's better.

Erica said...

Oh I am so sorry just they way to start out life with three. My friend almost lost her little boy last year from rsv in was in the hospital for a month. I am glad she is doing so well. Our prayers are with you! She still looks adroable though.

Melissa said...

Poor baby! Andy was a preemie and as they were sending him home they said, "don't let him be around anyone that has a cold." So the first day home, Nicky gets a cold and sneezes all over him the car. He got a cold and we had to go to the ER and then he came home and I had to watch his weird breathing all night. I HATED it. She will get big quick now. Andy did too and it is just a bad memory.