Talan is going to be turning 1 yr old this month and has been trying to walk the last couple of weeks. He is so close to doing it but can't really figure it out. He got really frustrated in San Diego because he was in the stroller a lot and wanted to be out roaming around. After going to the Zoo we have decided that he crawls around like an Orangatang dragging his one leg underneath him, it's quite funny. When we got home on Monday I pulled out Kalei's toy walker that we used to get her to start walking. I tried it a couple weeks ago and he wasn't interested at all. Well this time it was different, he took off. Justin was supposed to be helping him when he would get stuck. Talan would stand there and yell to get his dad's attention, but being that daddy was watching the movie "Cars" at the same time it would take him a while to register that his son needed him. So Talan figured that by the time my daddy pays attention to me I could be on my merry way so that's exactly what he did. After a few times of getting stuck and being ignored he figured out how to back himself up and move on. He will go about 30 minutes non-stop and then start whinning, but won't let go of his toy. We figured his legs are probably hurting him because if we touch his thighs or calves he pushes your hand away. Hey it keeps the kid occupied for a while which I am thankful for. I always know where he is because I can hear him scootin along. Hopefully he will be walking without it sooner or later, he would probably be a much happier kid, more so than he already is. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing for me, I guess we will find out soon enough !!
Summertime Sweets
2 years ago

3 comments:
Yeah, a walking 1 year old. Does that make you happy or sad that you are going to have to chase him around soon? I love that his little legs got sore from walking so much. Welcome to the world of leg muscles.
Moogs is such a sweetie! He is such a happy baby, and becoming very independant. He such a cutie too, I love his hair!
I can't believe how big he is. I love that his legs were hurting. I bet you will be happy when he is walking he will be so much happier. Love the pics from your trip.
Post a Comment