Less than a week after Talan and Lei's got the flu in San Diego Talan picked up Croup. Croup is such a nasty little bug. It started out with him getting hoarse and then ending in a loud barking cough, fever and delayed breathing. It was sooo sad !!! It had spiked pretty bad within a couple of days. It was miserable taking him to the dr's office and having everyone stare everytime he coughed. I could feel the eyes on us being that you could heard the poor kid a mile away, and then hearing the "ahhh" from a distance from others that could hear him. He had to get a steroid shot which he did not like at all and made him throw up all over him and myself as we were walking out of thed dr's office. He also had to take steriod antibiotics for the next several days. A couple days after him having croup Kalei got it as well, just not as bad and hers only lasted maybe a week tops. Needless to say we were quarantined in our house for at least 2 weeks so we didn't spread the germs. I don't know if it was more miserable for me or the kids !!
We are now WELL into our 5th week since the croup and he still has a lingering cough. Nothing contageous, just a bunch of flem built up inside that he can't get rid of. I have to gag him every once in a while so he will throw it up. I know sounds pretty bad but hey you gotta do whacha gotta do. So now he has to have breathing treatments at least 1x a day to help break the flem up, which also helps him sleep better at night. I guess the lingering cough can last up to 6 weeks so lets hope and pray it's almost over with !! Here are some pictures of him and his "nemo" mask !! :)

5 comments:
Poor thing! mom told me he was sick. He looks so much like Justin/Jacob with that mask on.
Oh my gosh, how sad! Kids are so scary with all their things. You never know what is coming next. Sorry about the quarantine. That sounds miserable. I will pray for him to get better.
I had no idea...Maile, I am sure it was almost as bad for you, but so sorry for Talon and Kalei
Shut up, he keeps that thing on! I remeber having to pin Conway down and hold the thing on his face EVERY time we had to do it. I hated it. He looks so cute with it on though, he's so mellow!
That is such a sad picture but he looks happy still. That picture reminds me of when I was little and constantly on breathing machines for my asthma. I hope everything is good for you guys.
Post a Comment