Tuesday, October 2, 2007

San Diego





This last Thursday we went with my parents, and the Peay family (my sister) to San Diego for a little vacation. We rented a condo in Pacific Beach, San Diego so we could all stay together. We took the kids to Sea World all day Friday and then to the San Diego Zoo on Saturday. It was a lot of fun !! I think the kids enjoyed the Zoo a little bit better than Sea World. If you are ever in that area I highly recommend the San Diego Zoo, and I thought our Zoo was cool. I'm glad that we got the fun stuff out of the way just in time for Talan to get sick Saturday night. I thought it was heat exhaustion at first from being out in the sun all day the past couple of days, he was throwing up and running a fever. Then his sister got it Sunday night as we were packing up to leave early the next morning. She ended up throwing up all over herself while we were in the horendus(sp?) line for the security check. It was just water and flemmy since she hadn't eaten anything but the sad thing was she had to stay in those clothes until we got home. Good thing the flight was only 45 minutes, needless to say it was a long trek back home. I figured it must have been a flu bug, luckily it only lasted 24 hours. My kids rarely get sick and it seems like the times that they really do is when we are on vacation, imagine that. Besides the last couple days of drama it was a lot of fun and a nice get away for a few days!!

1 comment:

Daisha said...

Sounds like you had a fun time on your trip minus the sickness! I can't believe your hair is that long Maile. I haven't seen it that way forever! Way to go Talan for starting to walk. Wish we could see you more!